Headed to New York Comic-Con this year? If not, you could! ReedPOP has announced a partnership with Chevrolet and Uber that will put fans in the driver’s seat of convenience at this year’s events. As part of the partnership, Chevrolet will custom wrap NINE different car models with some of the most iconic characters from comics, video games, and literature that fans can Uber to events all across the city. The partnership will kick-off on October 3 and run through October 7.
And if free rides weren't enough, there's a chance to win prizes! Fans will also have a chance to win exclusive access to great prizes like New York Comic Con and New York Super Week t-shirts, tickets to New York Super Week events and much more. You could also win the daily grand prize of 3-Day Tickets to New York Comic Con!
Fans will also be eligible to win a trip to NYCC 2015 with VIP Tickets and a Chevy Car Exclusives Prize Pack through the “Chevrolet Gives You the Keys to NYCC” contest. Starting on October 3, fans are encouraged to tweet creative photos of one of the cars, using the hashtag #ChevyNYCC. When New York Comic Con ends on October 13, NYCC and Chevrolet will pick the 10 best photos as finalists!
Check out the cars and designs below:
- BOOM! Studios – Chevrolet Cruze will be wrapped with various characters from Boom! Studios.
- Dark Horse – Chevrolet Volt will be wrapped in characters from the Fire & Stone comic book series featuring Aliens, Predator, Prometheus, and Alien vs. Predator.
- Image – Chevrolet Sonic will be wrapped with imagery from the new hit series WYTCHES, by comic superstars Scott Snyder and Jock.
- Valiant Entertainment – Chevrolet Equinox will be wrapped with artwork from the upcoming series The Valiant – by New York Times best-selling writers Jeff Lemire & Matt Kindt and Eisner Award-winning artist Paolo Rivera.
- IDW – Chevrolet Equinox will be wrapped with images of the famed Eric Shanower and Gabriel Rodriguez comic character Little Nemo.
- New York Super Week – Chevrolet Tahoe will be wrapped with New York Super Week artwork..
- Random House – Chevrolet Tahoe will be wrapped with classic characters and scenes from George R.R. Martin’s new book, The World of Ice and Fire: The Untold History of Westeros and the Game of Thrones.
- SEGA – Chevrolet Suburban will be wrapped with Sonic the Hedgehog and friends from SEGA’s upcoming Sonic Boom video games and animated series.
- TBS – Chevrolet Impala will be wrapped with characters from Seth McFarlane’s hit series American Dad.
Want in on these cars? We would to! Here's how to get one:
- Open up your Uber app
- Enter promo code: ChevyNYCC14
- Request ‘COMIC CAR’
What are you waiting for? Go win some prizes!